These Weight Watchers Spaghetti Squash Taco Bowls are a healthy dinner idea for the whole family, and the leftovers are perfect for meal prep lunches too! This recipe can be made in the Instant Pot, Oven, or Slow Cooker.
Servings: Makes 4 servings
1 WW Point® per serving
I add every day new Weight Watchers recipes, so check back often!
My site is not affiliated with Weight Watchers in any way. I just love creating healthier recipe options. I don’t give any advice on diet or eating habits.
Double-check points on the official calculator.
HOW DI I MAKE MY SPAGHETTI SQUASH TACO BOWLS?
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the spaghetti squash halves upside down on the baking sheet.
3. In the oven, cook the spaghetti squash for 50 to 60 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool.
5. During the spaghetti squash is in the oven, cook the chicken.
6. On high heat, heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
7. Sauté the chicken, onions, garlic, and pepper, chili powder, cumin, and paprika for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is browned.
8. Add the black beans to the skillet.
9. Add 1/2 cup of water to the skillet if the mixture seems dry.
10. Cover the skillet and reduce the heat.
11. Cook the chicken for 10 to 15 minutes until the is cooked through.
12. Then remove the chicken from the heat and shred it.
13. Using a fork, gently shred the spaghetti squash, leaving it in the shell.
14. Add chicken and beans in the center of the spaghetti squash and top it with tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, and cheese to assemble the taco boats.
15. Either eat as is or place the taco boats under the broiler for 3-5 minutes to melt and brown the cheese.