I knew I wanted to lighten up this Starbucks copycat for pumpkin cream cheese muffins, as soon as I saw it! They turned out delicious and much lower in points than the Starbucks version!
Servings: Makes 16 muffins
3-5 PersonalPoints™ per muffin* The points will vary based on your individualized plan.
I add every day new WW recipes, so check back often!
My site is not affiliated with Weight Watchers in any way. I just love creating healthier recipe options. I don’t give any advice on diet or eating habits.
Double-check points on the official calculator.
HOW DO I MAKE THESE PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS?
1. To make the pumpkin seed topping, roughly chop pumpkin seeds.
2. In a small bowl mix together 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice and 1 Tbsp Truvia brown sweetener. Set aside.
3. In a small pan, on medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp butter spread over.
4. Add pumpkin seeds and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the remaining 1 Tbsp Truvia brown sweetener and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly until caramelized.
5. Transfer caramelized pumpkin seeds to the brown sweetener and pumpkin spice mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
6. In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice. Set aside.
7. In a mixer, combine butter spread and 3/4 cup Lakanto classic and beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
8. Then add eggs and beat for 2 minutes at high speed.
9. Reduce speed to low, add pumpkin puree and applesauce and mix until combined.
10. Then add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
10. Inlined muffin tins, spoon the batter in, filing almost to the top.
11. Sprinkle with Pumpkin Praline Topping.
12. To make the cream cheese filling, microwave cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl on low power for 20-30 seconds.
13. Add 5 Tbsp Laknato classic and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
14. Transfer to a piping bag (or a ziplock bag) and cut the tip-off.
15. Pip in 2-3 Tbsp of cream cheese filling into the batter.
16. Bake for 5 minutes at 420F, then keep the muffins in the oven, lower the oven temperature to 350F and bake for about 15-18 more minutes, or until the muffins are golden on top.
17. Take the muffins out from the pan and let them cool on a cooling rack.